If your due date is within a week of December 25th, and you think there’s a good chance you’ll be listening to newborn coos instead of reindeer on rooftops, you’ll want to keep this Christmas Baby Hospital Bag Checklist handy. Let’s face it, spending Christmas in the hospital – even with your new bundle of joy – could be a little bit dull. This checklist will help to make your fa la la labor and delivery a bit more festive. (See what we did there?)
- Topping our Christmas Baby Hospital Bag Checklist is the fundamental item and that would be your weekender or duffle bag itself. We like this Unisex Cooper Duffel from Preferred Nation. It’s roomy, with tons of storage and comes in a bright, cheerful red.
- Tis the season for photo opps with baby so every mama should bring some comfortable, stylish and functional nursing pajamas. This Starlit Nursing Cami & Pant Set from Belabumbum is made with dreamily soft pima cotton and, while the chance of a “silent night” in the hospital might be slim, these pajamas will definitely keep you cozy. (And you may as well add the matching Starlit Baby Set to your Christmas Baby Hospital Bag Checklist for some mommy & me shots!)
- Muslin swaddles are also a definite must-have for any hospital bag. For Christmas babies, we like the aden + anais classic swaddles in twinkle or the even more festive flip side.
- Every hospital bag needs slippers for mom and you may as well have some fun with seasonal styles. We love these MUK LUKS Women’s Bootie Slippers that look like they came straight from the North Pole.
- May as well go the extra mile and pack up one or two Santa hats for yourself. We like this light up Santa hat bringing some jolly to your ho-ho-hospital experience. Get one for baby too!
- Ambiance is everything and since you can’t have candles in the maternity ward, we recommend adding this Thymes Gingerbread Reed Diffuser to your Christmas Baby Hospital Bag Checklist. It emits delectable layers of cardamom, crystallized ginger, golden amber and fresh-ground cinnamon.
- Of course, an adorable coming home outfit for baby is a must-have. You just can’t top the cute-ness of these Hanna Andersson pure organic sleepers. Be sure to pick up a pair of their Best Ever First Socks in what more fitting color than Hanna Red?
Looking for holiday gift guides for the expectant or new mom in your life? Be sure to check these out:
Best Holiday Gifts for Pregnant or New Moms
Caregiver Holiday Gift Idea: Tiny Tags